See this section on "Which country took how many whales?"
* Titles marked with * are recent additions or modifications.
Tables in this section will be improved to cover a wider range of years, species, and type of operations.
Figures contain not only the catch by commercial operations, but also the catch for scientific research.
- Whale Catch History Since Early 20th Century
- Whale Catch History in the Antarctic
- The Committee for Whaling Statistics,
"International Whaling Statistics", 1930, 1942
- K. Sakuramoto, H. Kato, S. Tanaka,
"Geirui-shigen no Kenkyuu to Kanri" (The Study and Management of Whale Resources), 1991
- S. Tatoh,
"Hogei no Rekishi to Shiryou" (History and Data of Whaling), 1984